Tuesday 1 November 2011

DIAL 999...LONDON'S ON FIRE!

(Ok, I know over a month's gone by since I last blogged but I've been literally flat out. Sorry!)

Anyway, London Fashion Week was seriously mega good, with outta control collections. We've all seen the runway pics, so here instead are my blurry blackberry ones and a snippet of what I got up to...

Jonathan Saunders smashed it this season with a parade of pastel beauties. You just cant argue with that level of accomplishment. Woohoo go Jonny!

Olivia Palermo was wearing JS AW'11 interviewing him backstage...the look of love  on her face says it all...

Nasir's presented his world in the most direct brilliant way...hot hats, hot kids, and a live sound system. I LOVE..

Nice to see Wolfgang Tillmans front row at Louise Gray...

I fell for Lou's collection so hard I dont know where to start...but maybe this knitwear look was among my very favs...
..along with the beautiful pale pink sequined dress worn by Charlotte Free. Lou kills me, always has, and I love her. End of.

Gutted I had to miss Richard Nicoll's show cos it was right before mine, but I did sneak backstage to wish him luck before it started. He was a vision in blue, what I saw of the clothes was DREAMY plus I knew he was playing my favourite Mamas & Papas tune for finale that we'd been singing along to all week. What a sweetheart...

Gorgeous soft muted pastels, delicate fabrics, uber girlie frills together with kinky plastics and neoprene...deeelish!
He'd made his team of interns pretty pink uniforms...lucky girls..
His business partner Jo's adorable girls: Missy, (wearing his SS'08) and baby Lulu. I hope they had front row.

Hard to choose, but here are my top 3 looks...



Afterwards we went back to Rich's studio to party. Andreas Larsson wore some leftover frills he found. Gorge.

Fashion East...its a family affair. Here's Elliot Atkinson, with Sloanie who styled his presentation, and Lyndell on hair. LOVE.


The Haunch of Venison gallery hosted our show this season, the incredible abstract art on the walls from American legend Frank Stella gave me tingles.

Here's Marques Almeida opening the show with a bang. LOVE them. I will so be wearing their ripped denim next summer..

James Long delivered a super slick fierce collection. Go Longo!

I'm mightily into Maarten van der Horst. Especially the monchrome tropical section, with DOOM and KAOS printed on it and pink frills..I'd feel right at home in it...

...and the mint green frilled tux plus skirt look, which Lady Gaga has already snaffled...

Hi little Eleanor Long in your fancy (Uncle) James Long knit!

Simone Rocha's show was unmissable. Lace encased in clear plastic, neon tulle, precision cuts, girlie silhouettes, masculine references...it was All Good...

Anna dello Russo in Prada popped up at Michael van der Ham's show...

I had the pleasure of sitting next to the lovely Julie Verhoeven. Opposite, Susie and Alex were hard at work...

Poor Julie had to put up with my running commentary of 'ooohs/ahhhs/OMG I neeeeed it!' as we watched Michael's dream of a collection, styled by Christopher Shannon, unfold. So many pretty prints, dresses, seperates, shoes, handbags...the works!

..particularly wild about the drop shoulder coral brocade dress..mmm..

Giles was strictly FANTASTIC. Yes, that is a model with a swan on her head..


So much drama...swoooon..

Giles afterparty was a right giggle...

Gwendoline..I love...
Sloanie..I love..

(yes, he did make himself into a drinks table in the middle of the dancefloor)

..and yes, Annie from Premier did try and do what it said on the sign. I took myself off home soon after this...

..even so, my next day was ruined with a thunderous hangover, especially at Roksanda's (BEAUTIFUL) show, where my camera broke on look one..doh!

A few days after the show a pair of her exquisite shoes arrived at my office. SCREAM!
..and a matching  beenie!! I am so lucky xx

That evening there was a shazzy drinks reception at 10 Downing Street. Hmmm..what to wear? I know - silk pjs by Maarten van der Horst for Lulu & Co SS12!!
Its funny how what started out as a solo pic of Vic Young infront of the iconic door...
..turned into a duo (Marios Schwab and Hilary Alexander having a ciggie)

..turned into Jonathan Saunders and Vic jumping in...plus policeman roped in..
..escalated into full on school photo (Louise Wilson, Tammy Kane, Yvie, Charlie Harrington, Tim Blanks)!

We then decamped to the newly refurbished Dover Street Arts Club (its brilliant BTW) for a lovely relaxed dinner hosted by Victorinox and me, for a fun crowd of menswear editors and friends. Here's Fantastic Man's Charlie Porter and Net-a-Porter's Ben Matthews having a gossip with Roksanda..

I heart these two...
..and the lovely Addi from Victorinox.....xx