Thursday 20 January 2011

AW11 MENSWEAR SO FAR...

...Clothes for kicking around looking cute in - I'm loving the Marni boy. I'd totally raid his wardrobe if I lived with him.



Prada is keeping things interesting as usual; britches, some dodgy suede jackets, lurex twinsets, unflattering turtle necks, ugly shoes. In the wrong hands this collection would be a howler, but Miuccia gets it right. I love it.

Nicola's debut as creative director at Mugler feels like a dream that's been waiting to happen...it gave me goosebumps..

Holy shit Rico...another level..


Check out these awesome runway shots by Tommy Ton...



You could feel Nicola's energy and intent behind that show just looking at the pics from my sofa here in London. Apart from the genius casting, styling, collabortions with Gaga and Vivanco, Romain actually did an ace job interpreting the house in terms of the gear - the right proportions, materials, silhouettes, colour, detail...
  

 ...these padded trousers are gonna fly when they hit store...
 ...I love these shredded ones though - make me nostalgic for my Ken Market goth days! Rico's like watching Nicola's editorial career of the last decade walk towards you in 3D...mesmerising..
 So proud of him....

L-O-V-E xx