Sunday 17 October 2010

MEMORY LANE...


Escaped London and Frieze-mania to go see my Mama...

..ate cherry tomatoes in the greenhouse...walnuts from Grandpa's tree...
..quince jelly...
..bramble & apple pie...

..sat round the fire going through old photo albums..a favourite pastime..

..here are my beautiful young parents back in the seventies when everyone looked cool and groovy. Love his bleached denim jacket, her headscarf...

Here's me copying her headscarf, and wearing Hugh Milburn's t shirt as a dress...

Hugh had long blonde hair, heaps of time for me, and was my first love. Wherever he went, I went. I bet this is his jumper I'm wearing...

And here I am most likely trying to impress him with my gate climbing skills(he's to my right)

Ruthie constantly knitted me stuff in the seventies..like this awesome purple duffle coat. I look grumpy, it probably itched like hell...her knits usually did.. 

..a typically jumbled together outfit, featuring my favourite 'Little Plum' top...

..showing off my apple jumper/pants/welly look...


...all dressed up in my Hungarian best. I wish Ruthie would henna her hair again like she did back then...

..why did I insist on wearing this tight wool jumper on a boiling day in Sicily? Makes me sweat just looking at it...

Anyway, then one day something amazing happened: my little brother Dominic!


..he had a matching apple jumper and bad boy flares. How cute?

..here's Susie looking after him in Sicily..I love this photo...

Once I got over my initial jealousy, Domi and me became best ever inseperable friends, and very mischievious partners in crime...

...ok, sometimes partners in fashion crime too, as my (surely?) self assembled outfit here demonstrates..