Saturday 8 December 2012

EDDIE!!!

I love a young artist called Eddie Peake. Here he is, wearing a denim 'Snowdon lll' Acne shirt with some nice gathers in the shoulder seam and fullness in the sleeve.


It reminded me how much I like those sort of shirts Elvis used to wear, especially the blue velvet one his mum made that he wore to play Tupelo, Mississippi. Aka the shirt to end all shirts.



After discovering Eddie's work at Sadie Coles gallery this Spring, I interviewed him for Love magazine. He was incredible. Solve Sundsbo shot him naked while we threw buckets of Peptobismol coloured pink milk at him. Pure joy.

Anyway, recently I asked him if he'd like to make some tshirts for the Studio Voltaire project and luckily he said YES and made 3 special artworks. The day I went to collect the artworks at his studio inside the Royal Academy I shook with happiness. I love them!!!






We've printed them onto tshirts which you can buy for just £30 and all money goes to Studio Voltaire which is a brilliant project to support artists. This is how Spartacus Chetwynd who just won the Turner prize (yaay!) described them: 

“Studio Voltaire is in Clapham, William Wilberforce used to live in Clapham, I'd like to have met him. And I'd like to have known Lavender Hill when Lavender was grown there... But at least I have witnessed the amazing goings on at Studio Voltaire... a veritable hotbed of outrageous, ground breaking, inventive art!'”

You don't have to go to Clapham, you can order them online here, or even better visit their pop up shop at 17a Adams Row, Mayfair. It's full of delights and you might even find some of the artists like Julie Verhoeven playing shopgirl for the day. FUN!!