Tuesday 1 November 2011

GIRLS WHO R BOYS WHO LIKE BOYS 2 BE GIRLS..

Mens Days at LFW was possibly our best yet. As usual I was too knackered and busy to properly enjoy it; if only I could only turn back time. Luckily Horace Andy was the soundtrack to my week - good for frazzeled nerves... 




The MAN show was killer...exceptional designers and awesome casting, especially Boyo Studio's Joel's selection for Martine Rose; I love that she sent out actual girls. Ok, so will someone please explain to me why girls walking in a menswear show gets frowned on? What's all that about? Feels a bit backwards. I love a beautiful in-betweenie...






Photos by Shaniqwa Jarvis & Rebeecca Thomas

One of my favorite pre-LFW times was spent round at Hidden Agency's edit suite in the dead of night as Liam put finishing touches to films he'd made for our 3 MAN designers...



Watch the films on Style.com here...they're AWESOME...


Two other shows I TOTALLY LOVED were Christopher Shannon...



..and James Long. These 2 are at the top of their game and I'm so proud of them and excited to see what they do next!!



Our Fashion East menswear installation event was fun...it's always interesting to see the clothes up close and hang out with the designers..
Nasir's boys...

Agi & Sam's ace installation starred their lookbook model...
..talking of models..here's Mads with one of Astrid Andersen's..liking the lace/muscles combo..

Thom Murphy's profound sounding installation 'Life, Marriage, Death' was a proper hoot...

Maybe it was the sight of his models kipping in their coffin, but I suddenly realised how exhausted I was. Thom found me a quiet corner backstage and I curled up for a little powernap. Too much excitement for one day.