Sunday 19 June 2011

KATHARINE THE GREAT...

"Oh look, the sky's like a giant spine with vertebrae"...noted Katharine Hamnett as we sat down to a sun drenched lunch on Soho House roof...
Cult fashion icon, phenomenally successful business woman for 3 decades,  and tireless activist for environmentally friendly and ethical trading, this woman has been there, seen it, done and made the slogan t shirt. I'm wary of meeting my heroes but I gotta say...3 hours passed too fast - Katharine was brilliant company, clever and opinionated, no bullshit, swore and smoked like a trooper, really funny and naughty. She's also a beauty...

I ordered some chili to go on my pasta....
...almost as hot as the feather hat Katharine wore to receive her CBE from the Queen...she looked amazing!
..smoking hot back in '85 at Fashion Aid...
...and best of all, meeting Thatcher wearing a protest t shirt!!

I love the clothes she's made over the years...and her ad campaigns and her casting rock...everythings still damn fresh after all these years...(click images to enlarge)







Need to get my god-children some of these little people t's she's just done for Project Ocean...too cute!

KATHARINE YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND...WE SALUTE YOU!! xx