Saturday 14 May 2011

WANDERLUST...(PART ONE)

I love London, but Mexico is a rather tempting alternative. Before my lastest jaunt there, I whacked this Smiley sticker up to beam at the office team while I was away. Smiley was a gift from the fabulous art director Fiona Leahy, who I hung out with this trip at Hartwood...where we discovered the joys of margaritas served in jamjars...

Highlight of my 11 hour flight was the brilliant new issue of Fantastic Man...

Beachbum packing's so minimal I can go hand luggage only. Outfits are as simple as this oversize scarf/sarong Patrick Waugh designed for Lulu & Co using a collaged Alasdair McLellan picture. I'm in love with it...
...my Noki customised vest dress...
..traditional Mexican dress..
..footwear..
Packed my Skype headset so I could work 'in the office' with Beth and Rori everyday. Look how cute they are...I missed them..

When I wasn't skyping, my favoruite pastime was kicking around with the locals on my bmx. Check this kid who had  made himself into a bull using an old crate and horns...


Cynthia took me to Uno...her favourite yoga centre. Properly nice hippies...

Cynthia and Mauricio hanging out in a tree with a kid...love this photo of them (click it to see full picture cos my retarded blog keeps auto-cropping them)

Issa Elle's gig at Zamas was intense...sultry voice, free spirit, hot curves...

Discovered this book by Mexican photographer Graciela Iturbide. Beyond!!!






'Our Lady of the Iguanas' particularly flipped my mind. The market stall woman selling live iguanas was photographed in the fiercely Matriarchal town of Juchitán in Oaxaca state where men are kept firmly under manners, women control the economy, and gays/transvestites are accepted and encouraged. Sounds too good to be true.