Friday 15 April 2011

MEETING YOUR HEROS...

Wim Wender's photographic show opened at Haunch of Venison last night. There's a contemplative stillness and assurance to his work I'm really drawn to..as well as the subject matter: places rather than faces. I think he shows how places can have a soul...
At the afterparty at Nobu, I actually met him. In 3D!! We remarked on his beautiful wife Donata's vintage 70s outfit being the exact same scarlet as his photo of the empty outdoor cinema in Palermo. Wim and Donata are so obviously in love it's adorable...a golden couple..and great hosts..

Wim was rocking a great outfit by his old friend Yohji..."who else?"
..worn with falling apart "30 year old Converse"...

I got tongue tied and couldn't manage to say much to the man I admire - someone whose films have registered deeply in my psyche and informed my romantic imagination. DOH!!!