Sunday 14 November 2010

SURPRISE...!!!

I was having a very average kind of day at the office when my doorbell started to ring. And ring. And ring. Slowly but surely the office filled up with our designers, bearing drinks and gifts.

I knew Beth and Louise Gray had been scheming to surprise me with something to celebrate Fashion East turning 10 ..but I couldnt be prepared for the INCREDIBLENESS of this gift. It is beyond special- the thought and talent expressed in it sums up the people I've been lucky enough to work with for the last decade...

Louise's crazy wrapping..yum! What's inside?

Oh. My. God. A beautiful quilt, each square a work of art from one of our designers, bound together with a fluoro border from Kim Jones, sewn together by Louise. HOW AMAZING??!!


Here are some of the contributors..


James Long


Ebru Ercon


Roksanda Ilincic


House of Jazz


Emma Cook


Gareth Pugh


Meadham Kirchhoff


Holly Fulton


Christopher Shannon


Louise Gray


JW Anderson


Louise Goldin


Richard Nicoll


Nasir Mazhar


Tatty Devine


Blaak


Louise Gray


Danielle Scutt


New Power Studio


Jonathan Saunders


House of Holland


Natascha Stolle


Husam el Odeh


Dr Noki


Marios Schwab


Michael van der Ham


Cassetteplaya


Gareth Pugh

A totally unbelieveable present I will treasure. Better than anything money could ever buy. Brought back so many happy memories it was overwhelming but Im glad to say I managed not to cry infront of everyone. Ha!

Thank you all forever xxx