Monday 30 August 2010

MAKE MINE A RED STRIPE...

Made a b-line over to Nottinghill Carnival...for some b-line...

I like to get down as near these bad boys as I can. One day in my dream house I will have stacks like this, custom made...
But are the rigs less heavy than they used to be?? (Or maybe Im just deaf...growing up on Smith & Mighty, Wildbunch, and other Bristol soundsystems, I think my eardrums were pretty much destroyed by aged 14)

Anyway, batty riders & Nikes on, suntans out... Mads, me and Ebru are READY. But no damn mobile signal..can't get hold of Nasir.. for the second year running. NooOOO!!!
Channel One...always epic vibes...
Caught The Jolly Boys amazing performace at Gaz's Rockin Blues...
These dudes are in their seventies, rocked the crowd, and were dressed sharper than anyone else I saw all day. Love an older gentleman, especially one relaxed enough in his masculinity to wear a pink shirt...genius..
When different peoples come together...sun peaks out...dj drops a massive tune and the crowd goes crazy...
..there's no better buzz...

L-O-V-E Carnival...shame we gotta wait a year till the next one...