Wednesday 17 March 2010

MEETING THE QUEEN...

Umm.....Her Majesty has invited me to Buckingham Palace. CRIKEY!!!
Madeleine comes round mine to help me get ready. Try on AW10 Michael van der Ham frocks, one's too short and risque for the palace, she tells me to go for the less racey one, worn here with Richard Nicoll bag and heels, and Natascha Stolle jacket...

..race across town...Marios Schwab and Hilary Alexander are sharing one last ciggie before going in...
..then in we go...OMG EXCITING!!
We weren't allowed to take photos inside, all I can say is it looks like the National Potrait Gallery with massive chandeliers and tonnes of staff in ornate uniforms and kilts and they had posh canapes and I met the Queen. Yep...I MET THE QUEEN!!

Coming face to face with her madge does weird things to people. You have to curtsey and 'say the right thing'. I went blank and managed to come up with "Nice...um..thanks!" while shaking her little black gloved hand. I think I meant 'nice party' or 'nice of you to have us round' or something...GOD KNOWS! The shame...

Afterwards a bunch of us head to The Connaught for more drinks and gossip. Sarah Mower looked stunning in Aquascutum accessorised with vintage jewellery..
...the adorable Kanes. Tammy (looking sickeningly hot in new season Versus and Kane) showed me her engagement ring - it's Georgian and amazing..
..and Professor Louise Wilson kept us all in stitches as usual. Here she is demonstarting her method of being photographed...'shove someone infront of you'. Someone being in this case the ridiculously handsome Jonny Saunders...
..wow...what a night (and a hangover) to remember!
Fun times with the gang xx